Martin Luther King Day is a great day to reflect on our Nation’s history, specifically, African American history.
We read mentor texts about African American History in class. We even listened to MLK’s original speech that he gave in Washington! Ask your child to tell you about it.
Being that it is a day off from school, you may even consider expanding your child’s schema by taking them to a museum.
Buffalo is the home of many great museums. Here’s a few ideas:
- Burchfield Penny Art Museum
- Albright-Knox Art Museum
- The Buffalo & Erie County Historical Society
- The Theodore Roosevelt Inauguration Museum
- The Buffalo Museum of Science
- The Observation Deck of City Hall
- The Botanical Gardens