This week, our comprehension skill is: Cause and Effect. We created this anchor chart to help us with the skill. We also read the biography Helen Keller to identify cause and effect within a text. Students requested that I make a paper-sized copy of the poster for them to bring home, so I did that and I figured I’d put it on the site too.
- It rained out all day, which lead to a rainbow in the sky. (cause –> effect)
- Due to it raining all day, our town was flooded. (cause –> effect)
- It rained for the whole month of April, consequently, flowers bloomed in May. (cause –> effect)
- I did all of my homework when I got home from school, therefore, my mother and I went to see a movie. (cause –> effect)
- My team made it to the championship because we practiced every day. (effect <– cause)
- Helen Keller was sick with high fevers, which resulted in her becoming blind and deaf. (cause –> effect)
- Helen Keller’s parents allowed her to act wild without consequences, therefore, she did not listen to her teacher, Anne Sullivan. (cause –> effect)